Things we have learned in Peru so far:
1. Papaya - tastes like soap
2. Caffe - muy bueno!
3. right hand turns from the farthest left lanes - ok
4. if driving, honk every ten seconds or so just to confirm that the horn still works
5. the secret ingredient in monastery pillars and fortress walls that saved them from earthquakes was egg whites from sea birds
6. Francisco Pizarro tried to compensate his enemies with the country of Chile (sand and copper) while he kept Peru (gold & silver). They came back to Peru and killed him.
7. some of the coolest things we saw today were in this monastery - no photographs allowed :-/